It's Monday today... I like Monday (usually people hate Monday), simply because i don't have to work :)
By the way, this is Jakarta most famous dish. To make this healthy dish, i need to spent more than an hour, because i made it from scratch. I knew there are many instant gado-gado dressing in Indonesian supermarket, but the taste is not as good as the original recipe.
I ate this 2 days in a row, because i just love it and miss them so much, i adapted the recipe from delicious magazine and my own knowledge about this recipe. Add more or less chili for spiciness you like.
- 200g snake beans, cut into 4cm lengths
- 200g cabbage, shredded
- 250g spinach
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved
- 1 chokoes (labu siam: INA), Cut into julienne
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 40g (1/3 cup) peanuts, fried and drain
- 1-2 small fresh red Birdseye/ small red chili
- 2 garlic clove, fried
- 2 small brown onion,fried
- 1 tbs kecap manis
- 2 tsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp tamarind water
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste (optional)
- 100 gr tempeh, fry
- Blanch the beans, cabbage and separately in boiling salted water until just tender, meanwhile steam or boil carrot and chokoes until tender . Refresh briefly in cold water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, grind shrimp paste,chillies,garlic small brown onion, palm sugar,tamarind water and lime juice then add peanuts,crush until smooth.
- Gently toss the cooked vegetables add tempeh and eggs, and mixed with the peanut sauce, drizzle with some kecap manis and serve with tapioca/shrimp crackers.