This is what we had for dinner last night, I marinated shorter than what the recipe says, but still taste as good ( because chicken taste good in many ways of cooking). Ellyn love it too, she had one skewer for dinner. From the cooking process she already waiting in the kitchen, maybe she smell the aroma of this dish, and makes her more hungry.
Anyway she love eating thou. She would eat any food i gave her, from Indonesian food with lots of spices (except chili) and rice, to simple western food ( sandwich perhaps), pasta, veggies. Oh she's my good girl.
by the way, I started to like coriander leave not long ago, after i had my baby of course, so i can try many Indian or Thai food which is call for coriander leaves. Basil plus coriander makes it unique taste, try it your self!.
About the picture, If i stuck with the setting idea, i just use my macro lens and make macro photo, looks good and simple, isn't it? most of all, so mouth watering... Yumm..
Chicken Tikka Skewers
- 1 tablespoon finrly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cubed
- Lime halves, to serve (I forgot to buy one ^_^)
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 small green chili, seeded
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 3/4 cup basil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- Rub combined ginger, garlic and lemon juice into chicken. Place in a shallow bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the herb paste. Place all ingredients in a small food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Spoon over chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill on high. Thread chicken onto metal or bamboo skewers. Spread out on a baking tray lined with foil and grill for 8 minutes, turning halfway through. Serve with lime halves.