Holiday is finish here in Melbourne Australia. Time for normal activities and back to school for my daughter. I have a mix feelings between happy and sad, my daughter is grade 1 student now. Oh how the time past so quickly...
As a staying at home mum I am enjoying school holiday because I have lots of time spending with her :) We went to lots of places and doing many things together and enjoying waking up late every morning without worrying about being late to school.
Now that the school has started i felt a bit lonely, so I promised my self to updated my blog regularly during my spare time. That also means more baking ( for my daughter luchbox) and cooking plus hunting for more kitchen props for the photos :)
Here is the recipe I got from local supermarket magazine Coles.
Strawberry bran muffins
- 1 cup Natural Bran
- 250 g punnet Strawberries
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand Australian Fresh Lite Milk
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour, sifted
- Place bran and 1 cup boiling water in a bowl. Set aside for 1 hour, until water is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan. Line a 12-hole medium (1⁄3 cup) capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Choose 4 strawberries and set aside to use for topping. Hull and chop remaining. Add sugar, egg and oil to bran mixture. Mix to combine. Add flour, milk and chopped strawberries and stir until just combined. Fill prepared pan. Slice reserved strawberries lengthways. Lay 2-3 slices on each muffin. Bake for 20 mins, until muffins spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.