- 12 savoiardi sponge finger biscuits
- 1/2 cup (155 gr) strawberry jam, warmed
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- 350 gr strawberries
- 1/4 cup (80 gr) strawberry jam, warmed, strained, extra
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice( i used i small can baby fruit summer gel, heated in heatproof bowl until liquefies)
- 1 Tblesppon gelatine
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 500 gr low-fat Ricotta
- 1 teaspoon finey grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (55 gr) caster sugar
- 300 ml low fat cream
- 2 teaspoon lemon juce
- 3 egg whites
- Grease base of deep 19 cm square cake pan (i used 24cm springform tin) ; line base and sides with plastic wrap, extending wrap 5cm over sides of pan, trim one round edge from each biscuit. Place biscuits in single layer over base of pan: brush with combined jam and the hot water.
- Make filling by sprinkling gelatine over the water in small heatproof jug; stand jug in small saucepan of simerring water. Stir until gelatine dissolves; cool 5 minutes.
- Beat Ricotta, rind and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth; beat in cream and juice. Stir in gelatine mixture.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into ricotta mixture in two batches.
- Pour filling over base. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cheesecake topped with strawberries, brushed with combined extra jam and juice (i brushed with baby summer fruit gel and refrigerated again for a few hours before cutting/ serve).
Tip:Use hot dry sharp knife to cut cheesecakes