I found this recipe from Recipes+ magazine (july,august 2007), the original name is vegie shepherd's pie, although i don't have beef mince, i used chicken mince ( my hubby said this is good creation & delicious "P) .
Another Shepherd's pie
- 1 table spoon olive or canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery,finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, cut in small pieces
- 500 gr lean beef mince(i used chicken mince)
- 1 table spoon plain flour
- 500 gr jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels (canned or frozen)
- 500 gr potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk, warmed
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat oil in large frying pan over moderate heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and broccoli. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Increase heat: add mince and, using a fork to break up lumps, cook until brown. Sprinkle with the flour. Cook and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta sauce, reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes. Add peas and corn: simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain: return to pan. Mash with warm milk until smooth. Season to taste and stir in parsley.
- Spoon beef mixture into any ramekins. Top with mash and roughen the surface with the fork.
Post a Comment