I think I've mentioned many times that i love chicken, that's why i always hunting chicken recipe, whether it is Western or Asian style, i like both style. Lucky that my hubby have the same taste buds like mine, and chillies too!.
I got the recipe from Australian Table magazine, July 2008 edition, the have 250+ warming recipes and tips.
Use hot paprika for spiciness or use a mixture of sweet and hot paprika for medium hot.
- 6 large chicken pieces
- 2 tbs oil
- 15 gr butter
- 1 large onion,sliced
- 3 garlic cloves,finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika( i used Hungarian sweet paprika)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 red capsicum ( paprika/pepper) ,cut into thick strips
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 1/4 cup light sour cream ( i omit this)
- Remove excess fat from chicken. Pat dry with paper towel and season with salt.
- Heat oil and butter in a casserole pan on high. Brown chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes,stirring,until softened. Add paprika and flour and stir until combined, making sure they don't burn. Add stock and stir until simmering. Add chicken, capsicum and tomato with half of parsley and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low,cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes,until chicken is tender.
- Stir in sour cream (or serve separately) and remaining parsley,season and serve.