Sometimes i feel bored with my usual breakfast, which is oats or cereal with milk, and this time i tried something different, not just pancakes but Ricotta pancakes, i just made up the recipe, but it turns very good (unfortunately i lost that recipe i wrote!). So here another recipe from table magazine that is similar to mine, i think the differents are only the amount of the ingredients, and I'm pretty much used the same ingredients with this recipe.
I made it thinner than the usual pancake ,and serve it with thick cream and maraschino cherry, Yumm... i want another breakfast!! ^_^ Pancake anyone??
- 1 cup ( 240 gr) smooth Ricotta cheese ( i think i only used 180 gr)
- 2 tablespoon s caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (150 gr) self rising flour
- 20 gr butter, melted
- cream and cherry ( or mixed berries) to serve
- Whisk ricotta, sugar and egg together in a bowl. Whisk in milk then flour, until smooth.
- Brush a non- stick frying pan with melted butter and heat on medium. Pour 1/4 cup measures of pancake mixture into pan ( i did mine less than 1/4 cup).
- Cook for 2 minutes each side , until golden. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Wipe pan with paper towel and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm pancakes with cream and cherry or mixed berries.