Requested by someone special... (Honey, this is only for you,because I'm not a big fan of this muffins, hi hi..) i just like to make them but not eat 'em.
I told my Mom one time that i prefer to cook a whole day for 40 peoples other than clean up the house, don't know why i hate to do that!, or might be because I'm so used to have a maid to clean up after me ( on the house in Jakarta), but here?? Forget it!! or I'll get crazy to think about it, I'll feel like I'm in a heaven if i got one, ha ha... *dreaming* So its very hard for me, especially i have my daughter now and my families are far away.
But... Life must go on... i started used to cleaning up a bit now.
Anyway here is the recipe... from my essential baking cookbook.
Orange and poppy seed muffins
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 125 gr unsalted butter
- 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup (315 gr) orange marmalade
- 1 tbs finely grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups (315 gr) Self rising flour
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, stir in poppy seeds and sugar, and make well in the centre. Put the butter and 2/3 cup of marmalade in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined. Cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and the rind in a jug and pour into the well. Add the butter and marmalade. fold gently with a metal spoon until just combined.
- Fill each hole about three-quarters full and bake for 30-25 minutes, or until the muffins are risen and golden.
- Heat the remaining marmalade and push it through a fine sieve, brush generously over the top of the warm muffins, serve.