I finally got the skinless mung bean, Yihaa... Im so happy, that means next time i can make a taro buns as well (bakpao), i found the mug bean package in the Asian store, many Chinese stuff there, i knew some of them because it looks familiar, and sometimes we need them in Indonesian dish.
I'll write the recipe next time, because i need to go. Have a good weekend everyone!!
Onde-Onde (Javanese style fried sesame seed balls)
- 250 gr glutinous rice flour
- 25 gr tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 gr caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 175 ml warm water
- 100 gr sesame seeds
- water for dipping
- oil for fry
- Mix all the ingredients on a bowl, except sesame seeds.
- Divide dough into 10gr each, add the filling then roll into a ball.
- Dip into the water, then sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Heat the oil in the deep fry pan. Fried onde-onde until golden brown.
- 100 gr Skinless mung bean
- 75 gr caster sugar
- 1 pandan leave
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and vanilla
- 50 ml coconut milk
Put the coconut milk on a small pot,add mashed mung bean, salt,vanilla and pandan leave. Simmer until become solid, cooled.
Divide and roll into a small ball.