I suppose i can call this banana strudel roll,but its Indonesian version.
We usually find this snack so easy in Jakarta, but not here :( Lucky i found the recipe a while ago when i browsing via google.co.id and wrote it on my book, but I'm sorry for the creator of the recipe not to mention your name because i forgot which site or blog i got the recipe from. I just forgot thing easily now, maybe because i haven't got enough rest or sleep lately...
hopping that i can still concentrate on my study, if i go back to University.
I think you can bake this, if you don't like fried food, just like pie.
Pisang Molen ( Banana on the blanket)
- 6 bananas ( i used 2 big one) = Pisang nangka?
- Deep Oil to fry
- 350 plain flour
- 50 gr caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 gr margarine
- 75 ml water ( i used half of the recipe with the same amount of water)
Cut each banana into half and cut half again (1:4)
- Mix the flour, vanilla, sugar and salt, add margarine.
- Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre. Add water. Mix with until mixture forms a soft dough, adding more water if required. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth.
- Roll out the pastry ,cut into 3 cm length ( ribbon size), roll the pastry around banana until covered ( look at the pictures).
- Heat the oil on a deep fry pan. and fry the " pisang molen" until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel, Serve with a cup of tea on a cold day.
Cavendish and williams bananas are the best varieties for cooking.