Want a piece??
I got this recipe from Australian super food ideas magazine page 45, but i can browse them via Internet too (mostly), because its easier for me, if i haven't got time to buy the magazine, and the best thing is, I don't have to type the whole recipe or to translate them, ( like i did with Indonesian recipe), but sometimes i can't avoid to type a whole recipe, if i got it from my cook book or another magazine, which they don't have website.
About this dessert, a few days ago my hubby were asking many times about dessert, (I knew i never really make a special dessert for ages), i was too busy make the main meal for dinner, or practicing Indonesian food or snack, and by the time i finish cooking those food, i usually exhausted and didn't think about dessert.
But this time i made a simple dinner, so i have more energy to make and decorate my Strawberry tart (once in a while ^_^) , actually the preparation wasn't take too long,because i used ready frozen puff pastry for shortcut, as they suggested, just the finishing touch and photo session took over my time, haha...
Anyway i made this when he's at work, so its a bit of surprise for him, even thou i already try a piece, cos i can't hardly wait to try them, they're to tempting for me!!. So i ate them twice that day ( for dessert too!). Have a good weekend everyone!!
Here the recipe:
- 1 sheet ready-rolled frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
- pure icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a 23cm (base) flat, round pizza tray.
- Cut a 23cm round from pastry sheet. Place on pizza tray. Grease underside of a 16cm (base) round pizza tray and place on centre of pastry (the tray holds down the centre of the pastry, forming an easy-cook tart case).
- Brush pastry edges with egg yolk. Bake pastry case for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden. Remove small pizza tray from top of pastry and return pastry case to oven. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Place jam in a saucepan over low heat. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until jam is melted and syrupy (see shortcut).
- Spoon cream into pastry case. Top with strawberries. Spoon warm jam over strawberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
alow...strobery cakenya cantik kali....:)
Henny: Hallow juga, thanks ya.
Ofcourse i will love to have a piece of that delicious looking tart.
Hallo mbak, kabar saya baik, d Australia gimana?
happycook: haha... come here to get a piece...
rurie: disini juga baik, masih dingin, brr..
Wah keliatan fresh banget tartnya....yam...yam...
Zita, thanks ya
Post a Comment