When i saw my friend's blog , she had this chicken katsu, I'm drooling to see that, so i make a plan to make this ( i love chicken and i never sick to eat them,even everyday!, but i do want variety on my chicken dish).
But the time past so quick and i never get chance to make it for a month, until i saw again on some one's bento box, but when i came back to her blog, i couldn't find her recipe, so i began to search the recipe from the Internet again, until i found this good recipe from cuek.wordpress.com, written in Indonesian language.
I made this in 2 version, 1 bake (no oil, means healthier choice) and another one deep fry.
here is the recipe that i translate with a little bit of revised.
- 500 gr chicken fillet (thigh or breast), flattened
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger,grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 egg, beaten
- 200 gr breadcrumbs (i used panko breadcrumbs ; Japanese style)
- oil to fry
- Mix together garlic, salt, pepper, ginger and soy sauce.
- Marinated chicken, leave it for 30 minutes.
- Dip the chicken on to beaten eggs, then coated with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan.
- Fry the chicken, until golden brown, drain with the paper towel.
- Serve with shredded carrot salad, lettuce and rice.
Preheated oven for 10 minutes on 200 degrees C,line a tin with a baking paper sheet, bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.