I couldn't stop my self to eat this cake, from the beginning i knew this cake i love it so much, 1 piece is not enough.
Last week i found a bigger bamboo steamer, originally i only have small steamer (which impossible to make any steam cake on the tin), so from that day i was excited to try any kind of steam cake, its not the huge one but i have 1 round tin that fit in the new steamer.
I think this cake is healthier too, they not contain butter at all,but so yummy...!!, good with a cup of tea.
Note: only patience people will be successful making this cake, the more variety colour you add, the more time consumed.
Have a good weekend everyone, and don't forget to try this cake...
Thanks Mas Budi sutomo for the recipe.
Bolu kukus pelangi (Rainbow steamed cake)
- 7 eggs
- 200 gr plain flour
- 200 gr caster sugar
- 75 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon emulsifier (TBM,Ovalet/ SP Indonesian)
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- Pink and green (pandan) food colouring 1/2 teaspoon each
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, emulsifier and salt with electric beater,until white and fluffy.
- Mix the flour, into the eggs mixture little bit at a time,whisk it gently.
- Pour in the coconut milk and the oil, whisk again.
- Divide the batter among 3 bowl, add the pink colour and green colour each bowl and leave one bowl without any colour.
- Preheat the steamer, cover the lid with a towel/ cloth.
- Spoon pink mixture on the greased tin, steam for 10 minutes, spoon green mixture, steam again for 10 minutes, do the same with the white mixture, until the batter finish, and steam again for 20 minutes.
- Cool in the tin, cut and serve.