I actually had this recipe for a long time, and planned to share the recipe on my blog, but i always forgot because i usually too hungry waiting for the steak to cook with charcoal BBQ (old fashion).
But since we had a new gas BBQ, we're doing barbie a lot more (I mean my hubby ) so i had a chance to take a picture of my steak and the time for cooking on the barbie is shorter. I think whoever make this recipe, she/he is really good chef, its killer steak for me, DELICIOUS!!.
Try to marinate few hour before cooking, and don't forger to take the meat out half hour before cooking, so that the meat is not too tough, because they seems shrink more on BBQ when they are cold.
I always make variety side dish on my steak meal, this time i only boil some corn (lazy fever), mashed potatoes, carrot and broccoli also good companion for this steak, as well as salad.
Here is the recipe i got from Indonesian magazine called "Femina"
Hickory sirloin steak
- 4 (about 225g each) beef scotch fillet steaks, or any kind of beef steak
- 6 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp worteceshire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all the ingredients together, marinated the meat and leave it for 2-3 hours on the fridge. Take the meat out 30 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat the BBQ . Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Serve with cooked vegetables or salad.
Post a Comment