The day seems shorter now, because the sunset at 5pm, and sunrise at about 7am, so its one of many reason we woke up late in the morning, lazy and cold makes us want to snuggle up in bed some more...
Anyway i can replace the pumpkin with sweet potatoes, parsnip and carrot,cauliflower, tomatoes, or any kind of veg i like.
Here is the recipe, that i took from Woman's weekly "Everyday food, Winter 2008 Edition".
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion/leek
- 1 garlic clove ( optional)
- 1,5kg pumpkin,peeled,seeded,chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in a stock pot on medium. Saute garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes until very tender.
- Add pumpkin, stock and water, season to taste.
- Cook, covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, process mixture until pureed.
- Reheat on low and season to taste.
- Serve with garlic bread.
Soup looks delicious. And love the garlic bread.
One thing i don't like about winter is , that the sun goes down early
toooosss jeng.. sama'an bikin pumpkin soup.
Happycook: thanks happy, it is delicious.
Mindy: toosss...!! alias highfive!!
Post a Comment