Anyone know this food? have you ever try it before?. If you Indonesian sure you know, especially Javanese people, because this food originally for central Java.
Every time i go to My dad's hometown, i always hunting this food, there is very famous shop that they only make this food in "Banjarnegara".
I'm drooling again right now looking at this picture, cos i finish them already yesterday night :)
I cook this along with Kangkung stir fry and warm rice.
They don't need to be cooked for a long time, the best eaten when they hot and oily,with a piece of chili, Hmm...
You can drain them first with paper towel if you like.
Tempe Mendoan ( coated fried tempeh)
- 200 gr tempeh, cut into small rectangle and thinly sliced
- 100 gr flour
- 50 gr rice flour
- 150-200ml water
- 500 ml oil to fry
- 2 green onion( shallot), sliced
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the grind ingredients with 150 ml water on a small bowl,soaked tempeh for 15 minutes. drain.
- Add flours and sliced shallots into the same bowl (from soaked tempeh) add more water if necessary. dip and coat tempeh one by one.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Fried tempeh about half minutes each side. Drain.
- Serve with rice Stir fry kangkung( water spinach) and chili.