This food usually comes in a snack box, along with other snack such as dadar gulung, buns, etc...
I made this for the first time, so i didn't really do a good job folding the pie, but no doubt about the taste... Yummy!!.
Since my hubby doesn't eat fried food, i bake his pie on the oven, but the appearance is not as good as the fried one. I got this pie recipe on the Internet but i make up the filling with my taste bud.
Pastel isi daging dan sayuran (Indonesian fried pie with filling)
Skin (pie) :
- 250 gr plain flour
- 1 egg
- 40 gr margarine
- 60 ml cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Carrot, cut into very tiny diced
- 1 potatoes, cut into very tiny diced
- 50 gr glass noodles, soaked in a warm water for 30 minutes, break into small pieces
- 100 gr mince beef
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- beef stock powder
- Heat oil in a large pan, saute garlic until fragrant, add beef, cook until well browned, add potatoes and carrot.
- Add the glass noddle,season with salt pepper and beef stock powder.
- Place the combined flours, salt and margarine in the bowl of a food processor and process until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and water and process until the dough just starts to come together.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, roll out two-thirds of the dough, Using a plate as a guide, cut 14cm rounds from each dough.
- Fold pastry over filling to enclose. Using a finger, press edge to seal.
- Heat a large frying pan, fried the pie until golden brown.
- Serve with small chili or chili sauce.