To make this yummy dessert, i spent about 50 minutes on cooking time, it would be longer if i want to add more layer, i just make it as short as possible, because i made this when my daughter had a nap ( it would be disaster for me, if she woke up before i finish this project ^o^ ), some people even make it 10-15 layer! which is very long... time to cook.
Another reason why i didn't add more layer, because my steamer is not too big, but I'm so happy with the result, at least I'm successful making this pudding. Next time i put different colour on my pudding.
Thanks to Bu Fatmah Bahalwan for the recipe ( i used third of the recipe).
Have a good weekend everybody!!
Kue lapis beras ( Indonesian style of layered steam pudding)
- 100 gr Tapioca flour ( tapioca starch)
- 275 gr rice flour
- 300 gr white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1500 ml coconut milk ( half thick consistency)
- 3 pandan leaves
- 6 lime leaves
- assorted colour such as pink and green (i used mocca)
- Stir the coconut milk,pandan leaves and lime leaves in a big pot until boiling. Leave it cool.
- In a bowl, mix rice flour and tapioca starch, sugar, salt, pour in coconut milk, little bit at a time and whisk well until become smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture and add the colour.
- Greased the tin with vegetable oil and put the plastic on the base of the tin.
- Heat the steamer, cover the lid with towel.
- Steam about 10 minutes each mixture, and 20 minutes in the end ( after all the mixture is finish).
- Cool and slice with knife greased with oil. Serve.