To make this yummy dessert, i spent about 50 minutes on cooking time, it would be longer if i want to add more layer, i just make it as short as possible, because i made this when my daughter had a nap ( it would be disaster for me, if she woke up before i finish this project ^o^ ), some people even make it 10-15 layer! which is very long... time to cook.
Another reason why i didn't add more layer, because my steamer is not too big, but I'm so happy with the result, at least I'm successful making this pudding. Next time i put different colour on my pudding.
Thanks to Bu Fatmah Bahalwan for the recipe ( i used third of the recipe).
Have a good weekend everybody!!
Kue lapis beras ( Indonesian style of layered steam pudding)
- 100 gr Tapioca flour ( tapioca starch)
- 275 gr rice flour
- 300 gr white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1500 ml coconut milk ( half thick consistency)
- 3 pandan leaves
- 6 lime leaves
- assorted colour such as pink and green (i used mocca)
- Stir the coconut milk,pandan leaves and lime leaves in a big pot until boiling. Leave it cool.
- In a bowl, mix rice flour and tapioca starch, sugar, salt, pour in coconut milk, little bit at a time and whisk well until become smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture and add the colour.
- Greased the tin with vegetable oil and put the plastic on the base of the tin.
- Heat the steamer, cover the lid with towel.
- Steam about 10 minutes each mixture, and 20 minutes in the end ( after all the mixture is finish).
- Cool and slice with knife greased with oil. Serve.
Ti, ini kayak kue pepe gak?
Sheila: Iya, ini sodaranya kue pepe Mba.
Ini aku lagi nyari-nyari pudding buat acara house warmer hari Minggu ini. People expect me to cook some Indonesian food. Thanks resepnya, ini aku mau nyoba, hasilnya gimana tunggu aja nanti!
Cheers, Tary x
No worries Tary, mana link dapurnya nih?
Wah, Ti ... sayangnya aku enggak 'secanggih' kalian, punya blog dapur segala ... makanya kalo mau bikin masakan Indonesia mesti cari di internet, google it ... lol ... blogmu keren dan bermanfaat to all Indonesian ladies (or gentlemen) di seluruh dunia yang kangen masakan Indonesia!
Cheers again dari Tary xx
Tary: Duh Jeng, makasih ya pujiannya, jadi GR nih, hehe... tp ada kekurangannya juga lho, bhs inggrisku msh ngak perfect, posisi di Melbourne juga kah?
Post a Comment