Honey cashew chicken
- Oil for cooking
- 500 gr chicken fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1 onions, thinly slices
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), thinly slices
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- salt and pepper
- Heat the wok until very hot, add 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil and swirl it around to coat the side.
- Dip half of the chicken into the egg white, then lightly dust with cornflour. Stir-fry over high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and just cooked.
- Remove from the wok and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining chicken, then remove all the chicken from the wok.
- Reheat the wok and add 1 tablespoon oil , and stir fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, add the capsicum, stir for 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat, add honey, the chicken and cashew nuts, toss until it is heated through and its well coated in the honey, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice.
I know im not fat but i think its a good book because they tell the nutrition per serve, from protein, fat, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, and the cholesterol too, so i don't have too worry about the amount of fat or cholesterol on my food, and they all quite healthy food recipe.
Originally they used the almond, but i only have cashew nut on my cupboard, and they are nuts too :).
Happycook: thanks happy, cheers.
Aww...this is my hubby's favorite dish... looks so fresh.... yam... nak..enak :)
Zita: Thanks Zita, my hubby like it too :).
Post a Comment