This time i don't know what is a suitable name in English for this food, it is some kind of egg rolls with mince chicken inside, once you try it and next time, you will remember the taste when you try again ( huh i don't know hot to describe it!), its very specific and aromatic taste that you wouldn't find it on any other food, and reminds me of sausage rolls.
Anyway, there are many version of the skin's recipe for this, and I'm trying to mix the recipe, and i steamed them instead frying them (optional choice).
I'm not really good at folding or roll the food, its never turn up tidy, maybe 2 out of 10, ha ha pathetic, but i never worry about the taste of all my food, at least i have something that i proud of.
My daughter love it so much, and she ate 3 of them for her lunch, with boiled pumpkin and broccoli. Enjoy..
Thanks for Budi Sutomo again for the recipe
- 5 eggs
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup flour ( my version)
- 200 gr chicken mince
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 5 small brown onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 candle nut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix flour, egg, coconut milk, salt together, whisk until smooth.
- Heat a small pan and add a little oil (greased), make the skin roll until the batter finish.
- Meanwhile, heat the 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan, add grind ingredients, cook for 1 minute or until aromatic, add chicken, stir until the chicken cooked trough. set aside.
- Place a little of the chicken mixture along the centre of the sheet. Fold in ends and roll up tightly to enclose the filling and form a cigar shape.
- Place on a serving plate, serve with raw chili or chili sauce.