Many Spicy or hot dish in Indonesia, especially from Sumatra Island. I'm not really sure where this dish came from, maybe Java? or West Java. Some people add the chicken liver, but it's quite difficult to find them in the supermarket or butcher here.
For the more spicy taste, i can always adjust how much chili i want to add, but i love spicy food a lot, sometimes i can't help my self about that, i pushed my limit until i had a stomachache, really bad huh??.
I made this food along with the crispy fried chicken, and another veg dish from green beans, that day my hubby said, i make 3 different dishes from very simple ingredients, but they all yummy and special for me thou... because i used to have them (but not cook them).
Sambal goreng kentang (Spicy fried potatoes)
- 500 gr Potatoes, cut into small cubes
- Oil for frying
- 1cm gala gal, brushed
- 1 salam leave
- 1 lemongrass, brushed
- 4 small brown sugar
- 2 clove garlic
- 8 big red chillies
- 5 small red chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and sugar
- 1 tomatoes
- Grind together Brown onion, garlic, chilies, sugar, salt and tomato.
- Meanwhile, fried the potatoes with oil until brown or until cook through , set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan, add grind ingredients and cook for 1 minute.
- Add gala gal, salam leave and lemongrass, cook for another 1 minutes, add potatoes and cook for further 4 minutes.
First I saw your fried chicken which looks absolutely to die for, then this! I love potatoes, and usually have them baked. I like this spicy recipe you've provided. Nampak enak!
indonesia-eats: hayu kesini Pep kalo mau, hihi..
Ovenheaven: You can actually baked them first, but take too long :) thanks.
Iya,sambal goreng kentang di rumah makan padang biasanya ada,tentunya yg pedas dong..Di jawa jg ada,biasanya orang kalo punya hajat nikah,suguhannya ya nasi + sambal goreng kentang pake ati + kerupuk udang.
Andri: betul mas... Hmm jadi pengen makan di tempat hajatan nih, hehe
Liat gambarnya jadi laper ... Enak nih kayaknya :-)
Post a Comment