Another noodle variation, i got the recipe from my Javanese cook book. Its not difficult to make this dish, very authentic taste, many traditional recipe i didn't try yet, so i will try to cook much more Indonesian food.
Now that my daughter eat the same food as her parents, its become easier for me, i don't have to cook different food for her, unless its spicy food, or something really special only for her.
Here is the recipe:
Mie goreng jawa (Javanese style fried noodle)
- 100 gr instant noodle (egg noodle)
- 100 gr chicken fillet, cut small size
- 100 gr cabbage
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 medium carrot, cut into small julienne
- 6 big red chillies, sliced
- 50 ml water
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3 table spoon kecap manis ( Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon tamarin, soaked with water
- 1/2 onion,
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil instant noodle according to the package instruction, drain.
- Heat oil, stir grind ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add chicken and cook until changed colour.
- Add shallot, chillies, carrot, cabbage,kecap manis, and tamarind water, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add noodle, mix well.
I love the spicy n tangy falvor of this.. Great recipe Ti
Swati: thanks, you always give me a lovely comment :)
Check that link above, I think it's your recipe, copied and pasted in this blog or rather splog!
Yes.. That's my recipe they copied. Thanks for the info.
Post a Comment