As a mother of toddler, i need to always give my daughter a good food or snack, not too much salt or sugar content or artificial colour or taste, as well as the preservatives.
I found many of the loaf breads here last for up to 1 week or more, but i prefer only eat those bread no more 3 days old, because they not fresh anymore.
So after i made my donut that day, I'm so confident that i can make my own loaf bread with my mixer, (which is a good idea). Ellyn just love this loaf, and wholemeal bread is better for her, especially homemade from her Mummy :) .
Homemade Wholemeal Loaves/Bread
- 7 gr dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 4 cups (600 gr) wholemeal bread flour( i used normal wholemeal flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Grease 2 medium loaf tin. Place the yeast, sugar and milk in a small bowl and mix well.
- leave in a warm draught-free place for 10 minutes.
- Place flour and salt in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and add the yeast mixture,oil and 1 cup warm water.
- Mix to a soft dough and gather into a ball, turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes (i did the whole thing on the mixer with the dough hook). Add a little extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Place the dough in a large oiled bowl, cover with damp tea towel, and leave in the warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough, turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 1 minute. Divide to 2 portions, knead into shape and put in the tins. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and leave in warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to hot 210 degrees C. Brush the loaf tops with the beaten egg. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce to moderate 180 degrees C, and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil if the tops become too brown.