Some of the recipe of this dish, didn't use any turmeric, but my mom used to add some, and i love it soo much, it looks like another style of Indonesian chicken curry, anyway whatever is the ingredients, its so delicious. Especially i used chicken thigh which has lots of fat on it, that makes delicious taste, however you can always use whole chicken or even chicken fillet, whatever suits you.
I said to my husband this is my best cooking of Indonesian dish, because i usually using the instant ingredients, but now i said no more cheating ;) its a hard job thou, to grind all the ingredients at once, but my hard work is paid off because I'm so satisfied with the result, yum...
even more delicious because I'm starving after making it, so i eat 2 big pieces, some potatoes and warm rice.
I wouldn't worry to eat a lot these days, because my friends and my hubby said, I'm getting more and more skinny now, Oh... maybe I'm too tired and wasn't eat well, all think is my daughter's healthy food, and forgot about my self, yes...that's the problem. Now that they remind me I;ll try to look after myself better and eat more.
I dedicate this recipe for lifeSTRONG day , A taste of yellow event. For my friend blogger Happycook, thanks for the information, So here is the recipe..
Opor Ayam dengan kentang ( chicken and potatoes on coconut gravy )
- 1 whole chicken ( i used 1 kg chicken thigh)
- 1000 ml water
- 250 ml coconut milk (thick)
- 1 lemon grass, bruised
- 3 bay leave (salam leave)
- 2 cm galangal, bruised
- 3 lime leave
- 3 medium potatoes (cut into small cube)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 7 eschallot
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 candle nut
- 2 cm turmeric
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Heat oil, stir grind ingredients (paste) in a large saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes,add lime leave, salam leave, galangal, and lemongrass, cook for another 1 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken and water, boil , add potatoes and cook for 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Pour in thick coconut milk, stir and boil for further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with warm rice.
Have a good weekend everyone..!!