I never really try to make bread or donuts with my hand, its too hard to knead them, but since i bought a new standing mixer, i wanted to make any kind of bread or cake everyday ^_^. I don't have to work so hard, to create snack for us ... Yeaah.. So this is my first trial with my new 'mate' , its a good snack for toddler too.
I only put icing sugar for coating my donuts, but you can always put any sprinkle you want for topping, next time i will put different kind of toppings. Here is the recipe...
Original Potato Donuts
- 3 medium size potatoes (i used 450 gr)
- 250 gr plain flour (i used 350gr)
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon margarine (melted)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon full cream milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Icing sugar for coating
- Boil potatoes,drain and mashed, cooled.
- Mix all the ingredients together, and knead for 10 minutes (or more) .
- Place dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Stand in a warm place for 45 -1 hour.
- Knock down dough and turn onto a lightly floured board.
- Cut dough in half and knead each piece for 5 minutes.
- Roll one piece out to 1 1/4 cm thick. Cut 8cm circles with a biscuit cutter.
- Using a 4cm round cutter, cut out centre of each circle to form donuts. Continue with remaining dough.
- Half-fill a frypan with oil. Heat over medium heat until oil is hot. Add 2 to 3 donuts at a time, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Toss donuts, one at a time, in icing sugar until well coated..
Recipe by: Ida Krisna show ( with a bit of improvement from me)
Donuts with potato.
I was really surprised to know you ould make them with potatoes.
happycook: yes it is unique and yummy, sorry i forgot to mention about boiling potato first.
Post a Comment