Another yummy dish for our dinner, everybody enjoyed this food, including me. So many changed on my taste buds, since i moved here to Australia, for example i never like olive and any kind of pasta before, but now i love it so much... i don't know why, maybe i got influence from my husband??.
Anyway i never really get stressed about those things, i just try to enjoyed my time cooking, baking and playing with my daughter, before i go back to Uni. I know i will miss her a l lot when i get busy and not much time, to spend with my little Princess anymore, and everybody said to me that kids are growing so fast, so enjoy your time.
Baked tomato meatballs
- 650 gr lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 onion spring (shallot) , chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 x 700g tomato passata
- 1/2 cup grated taste cheese
- Place mince beef, breadcrumbs,onion spring, oregano and garlic in a large bowl and season to taste. Mix well to combine. Roll mixture into 16 balls.
- Spray a non stick frying pan with cooking oil spray and heat on medium-high. Cook meatballs for 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Meanwhile, heat passata in a saucepan for 5 minutes, until warm. Transfer meatballs to a greased baking dish. Pour over passata and scatter with cheese.
- Place under a hot grill for 5 minutes, until cheese melts. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Source: Australian Table Magazine, April 2008
Tip: Tomato passata is a pure tomato sauce, available in bottles or large jars from the supermarket
I have never baked meatballs like this.
The looks so delicious.
Trus kids grwo up very fast, so enjoy the time with you little princess.
happycook: I did this with the meatballs also for the first time :) btw thanks i will enjoy my time with her.
Post a Comment