This is very famous dish in Indonesia, My Mom usually make this dish an Idul Fitri,the main ingredients is young (white flesh) papaya, and snake bean. We used to serve it with some chicken in coconut gravy or beef rendang, and most important side dish is the rice cake, called "ketupat" its rice inside coconut leave, or "lontong" use plastic instead. I don't know how to translate this dish to English name :( . Enjoy...
Lontong sayur pepaya
- 1 medium young papaya (paw-paw), cut into small sticks
- 100 gr snake beans
- 1000ml water
- 250 ml thick coconut milk
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 lemongrass, bruised
- 1 galangal, bruised
- 1 ginger,bruised
- 1 salam leave
- 4 clove garlic
- 6 escallot
- 3 candle nut
- 6 red chillies
- Heat oil, stir grind ingredients (paste) in a large saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, add salam leave, galangal, ginger and lemongrass, cook for another 1 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the water, boil and add papaya and snake bean, cook for 30 minutes, until papaya is tender.
- Pour in thick coconut milk, stir and boil for further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice cake, sambal and tapioca or prawn crackers.
I love traditional food and this is so authentic..Love it Ti !!
lontong sayur nek .. banyak nih yg lewat depan rumah gw .. hehhe ..
nyuumm enak banget hangat2 makan ini selagi autumn ya Ti... :D
Post a Comment