Never say no to brownies!! Go Brownies, Go!! he he... one of my favorite snack made from chocolate, I don't mind to eat 3 or 4 pieces at once, ha..ha..
To be honest I'm not a sweet tooth, like i can't eat original chocolate bars or candy, they makes my tooth hurting because of the sugar content is huge, but i can eat chocolate cake and their family :)
This brownies is different to the usual one, they have signature taste from zest of orange,rich chocolate, very nice and unique, try them your self :)
I got the recipe from my book collection called " The essential baking cookbook" bought from my amazon store here, i really love that book because i never fail anything i tried from that book, and cheaper than any book store here!.
Jaffa Triple - Choc Brownies (JTCB)
- 125 unsalted butter, cubed
- 350 gr dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 100 gr milk chocolate bits
- 100 gr white chocolate bits
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 23cm square shallow tin and line with baking paper, leaving the paper hanging over on two opposite sides.
- Melt the butter and 250 gr of the dark cooking chocolate in a bowl. cool.
- Beat the sugar, eggs and rind in a bowl until thick and fluffy. Fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl, then stir into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the remaining dark chocolate and all the chocolate bits. Spread into the tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until just cooked. Cool in the tin before lifting out, using the paper as handles, and cutting into squares.
- Drizzle with the melted white chocolate.