Originally this dish called for some green beans, but i don't have any on my fridge.
The taste is OK , not too sour, the trick for tender meat is that we only need to cook them in a short time (only until the colour turns brown). Tomatoes i used is green and red plus green chillies.
Asem- Asem Daging ala Ti // Ti's sour beef
- 300 gr diced beef
- 2 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 small brown onion, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 big green tomatoes (diced)
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red capsicum (diced)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 50 ml water
- 1 tablespoon tamarind water ( Asem; Ind)
- 1 teaspoon Kecap Manis (Sweet soy sauce)
- salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add garlic, onion and brown onion, cook until fragrant.
- Add diced meat, cook for 7 minutes, then add tomatoes, capsicum, water, tamarind water, and kecap manis, simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the meat cook trough.
- Season with salt, sugar and pepper.
- Serve with warm rice.