This soup is very tasty and easy to make, yet healthy for my toddler girl. There are different kind of spinach here and in Indonesia, but as long as they have similar taste its ok for me.
Sayur bayam jagung // Spinach and corn soup
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed and cut
- 2 small cans corn kernel
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small brown onion, sliced
- 2 cm kencur sliced (Lesser galangal?)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 300 ml water
- Heat oil in a small saucepan, add crushed garlic and sliced onion, meanwhile boil water in a small pot, add kencur.
- Transfer the sauteed garlic on a boiling pot, add spinach and corn, season with salt and pepper.