First time i got the fermented cassava here, and right away thinking of making this cake.
I never done it before, and i remember when i was in Jakarta, my friend tried to make this cake but failed, so i tempted to make this cake with optimist mind :), and i got a good result.
The fermented cassava it self quite expensive here, and i only bought 250 gr. That makes me hunt for frozen cassava the other day, so i tried to make some fermented cassava by my self from scratch, we'll see the result after 3 days, i will take the picture of them too.
And if i successful with the result, i will make another cake with plenty of the main ingredients!.
Cake Tape Keju // Fermented cassava cake with cheese
- 300 gr fermented cassava, mashed (i used 250 gr)
- 6 eggs yolk ( i used 4)
- 4 eggs white
- 10 gr emulsifier (TBM: Ind)
- 200 gr Caster sugar
- 160 gr plain flour (i add extra 40 gr)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 gr butter / margarine, melted
- 25 gr milk powder
- 125 gr grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven on 180 degrees C, Grease the 20 cm tin.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and emulsifier with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add fermented cassava little bit a a time.
- Add flour, milk powder, baking powder, whisk gently.
- Last, add melted butter and 100 gr cheese, combine well.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until brown or the skewers come clean when inserted (about 40-59 minutes).