Ti in Tanah Lot, Bali- Feb 2008
Bali is a beautiful island, with variety of delicious food, this is one of them, you can add more chillies for hotter taste, i boil the chicken instead of fry them ( less messy), feels like I'm in Bali when i eat this food :)
Ayam suwir pedas ala Bali // Balinese style of spicy shredded chicken
- 1 medium size chicken
- 15 small brown onion, sliced
- 500 ml Oil to fry
- 8 red chillies
- 5 clove garlic
- 1 red tomato
- 1teaspoon shrimp paste (terasi)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Wash chicken, and cut into 4 pieces, Fry until cooked trough, drain, set aside.
- Bruised all the chicken with mortar, and shredded the chicken ( don't forget to throw the bone).
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan , add sliced brown onion and grind ingredients and cook until fragrant.
- Add the shredded chicken and mixed together, season with salt.
- Serve with rice.