When i did my shopping in Clayton fruit market, i found green tomatoes from Adelaide , i thought i would never find any green tomatoes in Melbourne, but surprisingly i got some to bring home for my favorite dish.
In my opinion, the food will taste authentic if i did the traditional way, by grinding the ingredients on a mortar rather than food processor, (I was too lazy to do that, but next time i will), add more chilies if you like hot, the small green chili ( Rawit in Indonesia), they will give you even hot taste. Serve them with warm jasmine rice. Yummy!!
Ayam cabe ijo ala Ti // Ti's style of Green Chili Chicken
- 2 breast fillet, cut into medium size
- 5 big green chilies
- 1 big green tomatoes
- 2 clove garlic
- 5 onion
- salt and pepper
- Oil to fry
- heat oil in a large saucepan, fry chicken until brown and cooked trough. Drain, set aside.
- Grind all the ingredients.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a same saucepan, add the grind ingredients and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook again for another 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper