Here is one of my favorite food.
Tempeh, or tempe in Javanese, is made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soybeans into a cake form. It is especially popular on the island of Java where it is a staple source of protein. Like tofu, Tempe is made from soybeans, but Tempe is a whole soybean product with different nutritional characteristics and textural qualities. (credit to wikipedia.org)
You can fried them with batter or without, cook with chillies etc, healthy food for vegetarian.
Tempe cabai hijau // Tempe with green chillies
- 250 g Tempe, cut into small diced
- 2 small brown onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 big green chillies, cut into big chunk
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 100 ml water
- salt and pepper to season
- 5 tablespoon oil
- Heat 4 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan, fried the Tempe in a batch for 1 minute (add more oil if needed). drain in a paper towel and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a same saucepan, add onion and garlic, cook until fragrant, add green chillies, Tempe, water and kecap manis.
- Cook until nearly dry, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice
Wow just looking to that picture makes my toung tinckle with spicyness.
I am sure this is a realy delicious dish.
waduh mbak.. pasti enak ya tempe nie.. lebih enak kalau guna kecap Bango..
Happycook: Thanks Happy, it is so delicious :)
Daybab: yup, any kecap manis is good :p
Post a Comment