Bored with boiled veggies? well, i have this recipe for your solution (he he... advertising mode on).
This dish originally adapted from Chinese food, but everyone in Indonesian knew it, many Chinese live there and share the recipe with us.
Like in many country you can always find China town, as well as in the capital city of Indonesia (Jakarta, where my parents live) there are huge Chinese population, we get along very well and Indonesian cook and eat Chinese food a lot, except for food that contain some pork (Muslim not allow to eat pork, and many Indonesian are Muslim).
Anyway, this food is healthy yet delicious, not contains any meat or eggs. My daughter like it too, By the way, I'm happy that we started to have dinner together now as a family in the dining table, Ellyn getting better at holding her spoon and put it on her mouth, so save me time, don't have to feed her anymore :)
Note: you can add any vegetables you like like broccoli or Zukini
Capcay // Vegetables stir fry
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 3 clove garlic, crushed and mix with 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 wombok ( Chinese cabbage), sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon veg oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, diluted with 50 ml water
- extra 100 ml water
- Wash all the vegetables well, heat the oil on a wok, add crushed garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add carrot and water, boil for 2 minutes, add cauliflower, cook again for 1 minutes then add wombok.
- Pour in the cornstarch water, and soy sauce, season with salt and last add spring onion, cook again for 1-2 minutes.