I still had very difficulty taking my pictures outside for my food, this one looks like too much sun exposed, but i never have enough time to experimenting, due to my daughter screaming when i stepped in the backyard without her. She usually crying during my photo session, it makes me frustrated sometimes and couldn't concentrated on what im doing.
About this food, this is some kind of sweet beef, i took the recipe from my special book bought in Jakarta, the taste of this food is sweet and very tender, wanna try? here is the recipe:
Empal daging (Sweet Fried beef)
- 400g Beef
- 1.800 ml coconut milk
- 2 salam leave
- 2 cm galangal, bruised
- 1 lemongrass,bruised
- oil to fry
- 5 small brown onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 75g coconut sugar (palm sugar is ok), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind
- Boil the coconut milk with grind ingredients, salam leave, lemongrass, galangal, and beef until cooked trough.
- Drain and Cut the beef about 5x5x1 1/2cm, flattened beef using rolling pin or meat smasher.
- Boil the beef again until all the liquid have absorbed.
- Fry beef until browned. Serve with rice, fresh vegetables and sambal.
Post a Comment