Back to normal life after Ramadan, enjoying lunch again, try a new recipe and eat them in the day time again, try to finish those cookies i made for "Lebaran"... This year i cooked some special food, and invite a few friends around in my house, feels good.
Last 2 years i couldn't really feel the celebrations marking the end of Muslim holy month Ramadan (Lebaran), because i was pregnant and breastfeeding my baby, so this year i felt so much energy to cook plenty of food.
About this menu, most Indonesian love oxtail, we usually cook them as a soup, but this time i found another recipe that look sooo luscious, so i started grinding the ingredients and imagining what is the taste will be like.
Nasi Buntut bakar ( BBQ Oxtail with rice)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 500 g beef oxtail
- 6 tablespoon kecap manis ( sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 cm ginger
- 2 lemongrass, bruised
- 1000 ml water
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice to serve
- g small brown onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 30 g coconut sugar / palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, cook the grind ingredients until fragrant.
- Add oxtail, kecap manis, honey, lime leaves, lemongrass and water, simmer until the water almost finish .
- Grill the oxtail until dry.
- Spoon some rice into a bowl and top with cooked oxtail and the remaining gravy.
- Serve it warm.