I bought a new recipe book called best ever budget dinner from Woman's Day, it's really good book, the price i paid for only AU $6.95, so worth it.
When i looked at the book for the first time, i marked the pages, which one should i try first... just so many!, they all really simple and healthy recipe. On the original recipe the meet called for beef but you can substitute with Chicken fillet instead ( that's what i have on the fridge). And i think i only got the big butter beans too, so it looks huge on the picture :)
Chicken Cajun with corn salsa
- 500g piece rump or round steak, trimmed, cut into 4 ( i used chicken breast fillet)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 300g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 125 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 1 avocado, stone removed, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup snow pea sprouts, trimmed, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lightly brush a char- grill or barbecue with oil. Preheat to high. Rub steak with Cajun seasoning.
- Cook steaks for 2- 4 minutes each side or until cooked to taste.
- CORN SALSA: Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. In a small jug, combine oil and lemon juice. Drizzle over salsa and toss well.
- Slice steak and serve with corn salsa.