Wednesday, October 29, 2008
On Sunday we always doing weekly shopping, my favorite place called "Clayton", in that area i can find some Asian groceries and Asian vegetables, there is Hongkong store that i like to visit, and 1 Indonesian grocery.
I accidently found this Maccha hagoromo A.K.A Japanese green tea in Japanese/ Korean store (i've been looking for this for a while), i found similar one before but that one is for making ice cream green tea.
The recipe i used is from Bunda Yuli (Bunda's corner), original recipe written Indonesian, it's really good recipe,the buns is very moist and not too sweet.
Green tea buns
* 150g bread flour
* 150g plain flour
* 1 teaspoon green tea powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
*5 gr instant dry yeast ( i used i teaspoon, diluted with 50 ml warm water and 1/2 teaspoon sugar)
* 1 egg
* 130 ml milk
* 60 gr sugar
* 55 gr butter
1. mix all the dried ingredients , add egg add milk little bit at a time, and mix using the bread machine or by hand until become smooth dough, then add margarine, mix again.
2. Rest the dough for 30 minutes and covered with damp cloths or glad wrap.
3. Divide the dough into 8, and put on the greased pan, rest the dough again for another 30 minutes, glazed with half of the milk.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes on the preheated oven on 180 C degrees, until cooked. Glazed again with milk.