This mouth watering dish is everyone favorite food in my family, and now i cook for my hubby and daughter, and they love it too as i thought, i can never sick or tired of this food, we usually eat them with warm rice, sometimes i add some honey when i cook this dish, its quite sweet, but delicious. I said it's my recipe because this is my style.
I took this pictures a few minutes before it start to rain,on my backyard, lucky me didn't get wet, haha.. Anyway We need rain here.
It started rainy a lot in Melbourne last 2 days, it makes me miss my family when its began to rain :( we used to stay inside the house, drink a cup of tea and some hot Indonesian nibbles or snack, such as fried cassava and banana fritters.
So i tried to do similar thing here too, making a hot chocolate and snack on something but the different here is the cold when its raining, it was 8 degrees Celsius on Sunday at 2pm, when i checked on weather channel, unbelievable!!.
I don't thing its become that cold when its rainy in Jakarta (never actually), maybe only 28-26 degrees, well enjoy the wet Autumn everyone.Bay the way this food also good when you eat them in cold weather, the aroma is amazing for me..
Semur Ayam Kentang ( Ti's Chicken & Potatoes Glazed with kecap manis)
- 500 gr chicken thigh or breast
- 100 gr potatoes, peeled, cut into cube
- 500 ml water/chicken stock
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 5-8 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat oil in deep-frying pan. Add garlic, onion and Sauté over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add all seasoning ingredients and continue to sauté, Add stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute, then add chicken and potatoes, return to the boil. Add kecap manis.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring continuously, until chicken and potatoes is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with warm rice.