In my country they called this vegetable "kailan", do not know why they name it Chinese broccoli here, seems like many things came from China and name it after their country, anyway i love this new recipe, and the vibrant colour too... Basically i love all kind of veggies, only since I'm a teenager :) .
Try with chicken or shrimp next time, will be a s delicious as this one. Only problem i found with the squid is that i never clean or handle that thing before! so i just use my feeling how to clean and cut them, i also confused what is the different between calamari and squid, any idea?.
Tumis kailan cah cumi // Chinese broccoli with squid stir-fry
- 1 medium (100g) cleaned squid hoods
- 200 Chinese broccoli ( kailan )
- 1 red capsicum (paprika)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 50 ml water
- salt and pepper to season
- Using a sharp knife score inside in a criss-cross pattern. Cut in half length ways. Cut each strip cross ways into 4 pieces. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in a wok or saucepan over medium-high heat, cook garlic and onion until fragrant, add squid, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water and teriyaki sauce, simmer until boil, add Chinese broccoli, capsicum and season with salt and pepper.
Post a Comment