This recipe taken from Dapur bunda, Thanks for the recipe Bunda, btw I didn't have a chance to know her better because she has passed away, i created my blog a few months after that, she must be really a good Chef, i love all her cooking and baking recipe.
This is another steam cake with no butter, but coconut milk and shredded coconut, quite easy and quick to make, but no doubt about the taste, its yummy.
I can eat 3 at a time :) , even Ellyn eat 2!! she love this cake too, but my hubby not really crazy about this cake. Next time i will add more pandan pasta for brighter colour, mine looks pale, not like the original recipe of Dapur bunda. Here is what you need...
- 2 eggs
- 75 gr caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon emulsifier
- 125 gr plain flour
- 100 cc coconut milk, boil, cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon pandan paste
- Heat the big steamer.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, salt vanilla and emulsifier on a medium bowl.
- Add flour, whisk it gently with spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour in the coconut milk little bit at a time, and whisk it until smooth, last add the pandan paste.
- Put and press the shredded coconut on a greased plastic jelly mould, until flat.
- Pour the batter about half of the mould capacity.
- Steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a cup of tea.