- 21/2 tbs oil
- 200g chicken breast fillet,trimmed,thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 brown onion,crushed
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths or Frozen mix vegetables (peas ,carrot and corn)
- 660g (4 cups) cooked jasmine rice or long-grain rice, cooled
- 1 tbs kecap manis
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced, to serve
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok. Add the sambal oelek, garlic and the white sections of the shallot and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken, rice, kecap manis and the green sections of the shallot(or frozen veg). Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until well combined and the rice is heated through. Divide among serving dishes.
- Add enough oil to the wok or frying pan to grease. Crack 1 egg into the wok. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the white sets and the yolk is almost set or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining egg, reheating the wok between batches. Place the fried eggs on the nasi goreng and top with cucumber.
Notes & tips
Tip: If you're not in a hurry, for the most authentic result, cook the rice a day ahead, spread it over a shallow dish and store, uncovered, in the fridge overnight. This prevents the rice sticking together in the wok.