"Don't be afraid to try something new" that what i always said to my self, beside my Hubby's parents came from Cyprus, they talk in Greek language and cook Greek food, they always cook delicious food for us when we visits them, so i started to like Greek food and try to cook them as well.
- 6 firm ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings ( i skip this)
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped (i used green and red)
- 200g marinated Greek olives
- 220g marinated feta cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white vinegar
- Combine tomato, cucumber, onion, capsicum, olives and feta in a salad bowl. Sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a jug. Drizzle the salad with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Notes & tips:
Make this recipe just before serving. Dried Greek oregano is available from delicatessens. If it's unavailable, you can use regular dried oregano instead.
Source: Australian Good Taste - April 2006 , Page 47