- 125 Salted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 25 gr cornstarch
- 150 gr ( 1 cup) plain flour
- 100 g grated old/matured Edam/Gouda Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
Sprinkle: 1 egg yolk, 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix butter, egg yolks with a mixer then add the grated matured cheese.
- Knead in the mixture together with flour,cornstarch and baking powder.
- Roll the dough and cut into small rectangles about 1x3 cm.
- Place rectangles onto grease trays. Brush each one with the egg yolk and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.