I really like the colours of my cookies!
Akhirnya selesai juga project bikin cookiesnya, wah pasti my hubby seneng banget nich, maklum lah sweet teeth, gw sich cuma pengen ber-experiment aja, tapi seneng juga sich krn hasilnya cantik, kebetulan aku punya pewarna makanan lengkap, sebenarnya aku juga bikin hello kity, tapi pas bikin bingkai warna hitamnya meleber kemana-mana, jadinya di buang deh! mungkin lain kali aja deh :) ini dia resep yang aku pake:
- 120 gr unsalted butter
- 125 gr caster sugar
- 1 whole egg( i use 2)
- 500 gr self rising flour(sifted)
- 3-4 drops vanilla essence
- a few drops of water if necessary
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, beat together the butter and caster sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix until combined, then add the sifted flour and Vanilla.
- Knead mixture into a dough,then wrap in plastic wrap and place in to the refrigerator to rest, approx 20-30 mins.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough evenly on a clean, lightly floured surface until the dough is 4-5 mm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes, place cut out cookies into lightly greased oven trays.
- Baked for 10-15 mins, or until lightly golden.
- Remove trays from oven, and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
Tip: it is easier to roll a small portion of dough at one time, simply cut your dough into two halves and roll one half at a time.
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups(155 gr) icing sugar, sifted
- Assorted food coloring ( i use pink, blue, green and yellow)
Beat the egg white with electric beaters, in a small, clean,dry bowl until foamy. Gradually add the lemon juice and icing sugar and beat until thick and creamy. Divide the icing among several bowls. Tint the mixture with food colourings and spoon into small paper icing bags.
Note: When icing is completely dry, store the cookies in an airthight container in a cool, dry place.