This is very easy cake and one of my favorite:)
Chocolate Almond Cake
Hmmmm... Can't resist!
- 125 gr Butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 100 gr Dark cooking Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup ground Almonds ( almond meal)
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb. soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp icing sugar(for sprinkle)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, grease a deep 20cm round cake pan.
- Place butter, sugar, milk, and Chocolate in a saucepan, Stir over moderate heat for 5 minutes or until melted and combined, Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until cool.
- Combine almond meal,flour and soda in a large mixing bowl, Add cooled chocolate and eggs. Using a wooden spoon, beat well to combine, Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake is done when tested with a skewer. Cool 5 minutes in pan; turn out a wire rack and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.