Whoa... seems like ages i neglected my blog already.
I will try.. try.. and try.. very hard to started again updating my blog from now on, i promised ;).
I should push my self to get into this habit again after my long break caused by FaceBooking too much!, hehe...
So, this time i will share my Butterfly recipe i made, for my 26th birthday last week. I actually made the Black Forest cake and honey joys (recipe follow soon) as well.
Happy Holiday Everyone!!
* 1 quantity Basic cupcakes
* 1 cup raspberry jam ( i used strawberry Jam)
* 300ml thickened cream, whipped
* icing sugar mixture, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced oven. Line two 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pans with paper cases. Make Basic cupcakes (see related recipe).
2. Using a sharp knife, cut a 2cm-deep x 3cm-wide piece from top of each cake. Cut tops in half. Spoon 2 teaspoons jam into each hole. Spoon cream over jam. Arrange cake tops over cream to form wings. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
* 200g unsalted butter, softened
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup caster sugar
* 3 eggs
* 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
* 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced oven. Line muffin or mini-muffin pans with paper cases.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition (mixture will separate at this stage). Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half the flour. Stir in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk until combined.
3. For 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pans use 2 level tablespoons of mixture. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Alternatively, for 1 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pans use 1 tablespoon mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Stand cakes in pans for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.