Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Kids will love this pie, especially my daughter :) she's really good eater, she would finish one and half of the pie. Try to put any veggies you like.
Individual Cottage Pie
ingredients (serves 4)
* 1 brown onion
* 1 zucchini (i skip this and used frozen peas, carrot and corn)
* 1 garlic clove (crushed)
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 400g extra lean beef mince
* 1 tbs flour
* 1 1/4 cups beef stock
* 1/3 cup tomato sauce
* 1kg peeled and chopped potatoes
* 1/3 cup warm milk
* 1 cup low fat cheese
1. Fry brown onion,finely chopped, with 1 crushed garlic clove in 2 tsp olive oil. Cook for 7 mins. Add 400g extra lean beef mince, cook on high heat until browned. Stir in 1 tbs flour, cook for 1 minute. Add 1 1/4 cups beef stock and 1/3 cup tomato sauce, add frozen veg and season.
2. Boil 1kg peeled and chopped potatoes until tender. Drain and mash. Beat in 1/3 cup warm skim milk and season well.
3. Spoon mixture into an ovenproof dish. Spread the mashed potato over and sprinkle over 1 cup low-fat cheese. Bake in 200°C oven for 15 minutes. (I used individual aluminium pie case).
Fresh Living - April 2005, Page 36
Recipe by Alison Roberts revised by Ti